Top 10 Reasons To Use a Far Infrared Sauna
- Weight loss- In a far infrared sauna, a moderately fit person can sweat one pound of sweat in 30 minute session, which is the equivalent of running 2-3 miles. While it is true that the weight of the water expelled in the sauna may be regained by re-hydrating with water – the calories lost cannot, resulting in weight loss. Infrared saunas can burn 300-600 calories in just one 30 minute session.
- Detoxifying Effects- Improve your health by ridding your body of toxins. Infrared Saunas are unlike conventional saunas which pull sweat out of the body. Far Infrared energy penetrates up to 1.5 inches into the tissues and PUSHES sweat out of the body. As the body is heated from the inside out, it forces toxins under the skin out. The temperature of a far infrared sauna is typically between 90۫ - 120۫ F versus a traditional sauna which operates between 180۫ -220۫ F. However, despite operating at a lower temperature, you will typically perspire far more in infrared saunas because the infrared energy penetrates your body at a much deeper level. Fat becomes water soluble at 100۫ F when it begins to dissolve, move through the blood and finally is removed from the body, resulting in weight loss.
Studies have shown that the detoxification potential of a far infrared sauna is 3 times greater than a regular sauna. When analyzing the water content of sweat in a traditional hot air sauna it was 95-97%. Conversely the water content of sweat in a far infrared sauna is about 80-85%. The remaining 15-20% contains toxic substances such as lead, aluminum and fluoride. Far infrared saunas help rid your body of potential carcinogenic heavy metals such as mercury and lead, as well as alcohol, nicotine, sodium, sulfuric acid and cholesterol.
- Cardiovascular conditioning- During a sauna session, sweat is produced; the moisture on the surface of the skin evaporates, and thus cools the body. This provides a workout for your heart as the body attempts to cool itself in diverting blood from internal organs to the extremities and the skin. While this happens, a number of other changes occur to release the heat as quickly as possible: Heart rate, cardiac output, and metabolic rate increase, while diastolic blood pressure drops, for improved overall cardiovascular fitness.
- Pain Relief- By heating the tissues, we experience a vasodilatation of peripheral blood vessels which can be beneficial in reducing muscle spasms, joint stiffness and achiness, as well as general aches and pains due to conditions such as Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, and Rheumatoid Arthritis. There is also evidence that when used 24-48 hours post injury, far infrared energy can reduce the time it takes for your body to heal sprains and strains. This is due to increased blood circulation which carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscle, so they recover faster. Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion.
- Stress Relief- Perhaps the most immediate relief this far infrared sauna offers is simple relaxation, as it melts away the stresses and tensions of urban life. Increased circulation triggers the release of endorphins, loosening tight muscles and making you feel better all over.
- Improved immune system- It enhances circulation and oxygenate the tissues. It also opens the nasal passages and assist the sinuses to drain. Raising the body temperature causes infections to heal more quickly. Hyperthermia or fever therapy help combat infections and even cancer. Our bodies develop fever when ill to enhance metabolism and help kill germs. By raising the body temperature by one to three degrees, a far infrared sauna session mimics a fever, which triggers an immune system response and enables the body to fight bacteria and viruses.
- Improved skin problems, tone and elasticity- The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in far infrared sauna carries off deeply embedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and immaculately clean. Increased circulation draws the skin's own natural nutrients to the surface. It improves tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color of the skin. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. Poor skin tone is restored to a more youthful level. Three or four infrared treatments may open pores that have not been functioning in years, forcing out clogging cosmetics and loosening dead outer skin. The sauna is thus a boon to teenage skin, clearing acne and blackheads
- Helps scars, burns, acne, eczema, psoriasis - Scars and pain from burns or wounds are decreased in severity and extent. Infrared therapy is used routinely in burn units throughout Asia. Lacerations heal quicker and with less pain and scarring. Acne, eczema, and psoriasis are reported to have responded extremely well to infrared treatments Scars fully formed (even keloids) may be gradually softened. Burns and other wounds or incisions may heal with significantly reduced scarring.
- Reduce Cellulite- Far Infrared heat can assist in breaking down cellulite. Cellulite is a gel-like substance made up of fat, water, and wastes which are trapped in pockets below the skin. Profuse sweating helps clear this form of unwanted debris from the body. Because the heat penetration of infrared saunas is over twice that of conventional saunas and up to ten times the level of heat in these tissues an Infrared Sauna can be significantly more effective than a conventional sauna.
- Flexibility/Range of Motion- A Far-Infrared Sauna is perfect as a "heat therapy room" for athletes looking for a pre-workout warm-up to warm up muscles and increase flexibility, helping to prevent injury. It's also ideal for pre-warm-up for physical therapy and massage therapy, or for a relaxing, wind-down at the end of a stress-filled day.